Happy Early Groundhog Day! Tomorrow is Groundhog day, so I figured a festive frugal treat was necessary for the occasion! Don’t forget to bookmark these if you want to make them next year, or if you ever have a need for a Groundhog-themed dish before then I suppose. Personally, I’m crossing my fingers for that little Groundhog to not see his shadow because I’m ready for spring! I don’t think I’m prepared for another six weeks of winter.
To get you in the Groundhog Day spirit (is that even a thing?) we’re going to be making Groundhog Butt Parfaits! This is a really easy recipe that only costs about $1.36 per parfait! Here’s how to make them:
Groundhog Butt Parfaits
- 1 Box Instant Chocolate Pudding ($1)
- Round Chocolate Balls or Truffles ($3.50 for the most expensive ones)
- Chocolate Cookies ($1.50)
- Junior Mints ($0.98)
- Tootsie Rolls ($1.98 for large bag)
- Flower Sprinkles (optional: $1.98)
- Mix your pudding as directed on the box.
- Pour mixed pudding into containers. I used larger parfait dishes but the smaller parfait cups would work just as well.
- Fill a food processor about halfway with your chocolate cookies.
- Grind until the cookies resemble dirt.
- Sprinkle the cookie crumbles over the top of the parfaits.
- Cut a small slice off of a tootsie roll and mold it with your hands to look like a groundhog tail. Place the tip of the tootsie roll piece in the middle of a chocolate ball and mold it into the chocolate ball. Do this quickly so the chocolate won’t melt and make a mess.
- Take your chocolate ball and place it in the middle of the parfait. Place two Junior Mints at the base of the chocolate ball for feet. If you want smaller feet, you can use brown M&Ms.
- Sprinkle more cookie around just the ball itself.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes and enjoy!